Give staff the skills to resolve conflict effectively and respectfully.
Not all customer facing roles are the same, and sometimes dealing with the public can have its challenges, particularly when handling issues and complaints.
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Conflict Management (RQF) has been designed to provide conflict management skills to anyone working in a customer facing role, deals with service users or the public in general.
It is applicable to a wide range of sectors, and can be taken by anyone requiring a better understanding of how to prevent conflict from arising, or would like to feel more confident in being able to deal with challenging situations.
- how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- good practice to follow after conflict situations
The objective of the qualification is to:
• Support a role within the workplace, especially those that have a customer facing role and deal with service users and/or the public
• Provides learners personal growth and engagement in learning The qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding in conflict management.
It can also be a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations, and who would like to gain more confidence in being able to deal with conflict situations should they arise.
To register for this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
• must be aged 16 and over It is advised that learners have a minimum of level 2 in literacy
The total qualification time (TQT) for this qualification is 16-hours and of this 11-hours is recommended as guided learning (GL).